3. Emotional Intelligence: Technology doesn’t drive projects, people do
If you want to do good work, you have to be able to motivate the people doing the work. The web is about people: they make it and they use it. Learning to work with the emotions that drive all people is key to a successful project.
In this chapter, we’ll discuss
• What emotional intelligence is
• How to merge emotions and the workplace in a new professionalism
• Why emotional intelligence is important
• What emotional intelligence looks like in action
• Why caring is the bottom line
Emotions affect everything people do: every exchange, every conversation, every task—even in business. Think about it. The stock market rises and falls based on how investors feel about the market’s ...