Global Human Resource Management
OPEC headquarters, Vienna, Austria∗
Human resource management is a great challenge for an MNC operating in a complex environment. The present chapter discusses its various aspects. In particular, it attempts to:
- Analyse the complexities faced by MNCs in managing human resources.
- Discuss various staffing policies and the factors influencing them.
- Examine whether expatriates have an edge over the locals.
- Discuss the process of recruitment and training of expatriates.
- Explain how industrial relations are managed—how far the industrial relations issue is relevant, how employees participate ...