Multilateral Financial Institutions
After studying this chapter, you should be able to:
- Highlight the role of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in the development of the world economy.
- Discuss the economic and social functions of the International Development Association (IDA).
- Present a brief sketch of the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Discuss the role of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) as a multilateral financing agency.
- Describe the role of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in promotinga stronger international monetary system.
To focus on the overall development of the world economy, many institutions of multilateral character have sprung up over ...