In this appendix, you’ll:
• Learn basic number systems concepts such as base, positional value and symbol value.
• Work with numbers represented in the binary, octal and hexadecimal number systems
• Abbreviate binary numbers as octal numbers or hexadecimal numbers.
• Convert octal numbers and hexadecimal numbers to binary numbers.
• Convert back and forth between decimal numbers and their binary, octal and hexadecimal equivalents.
• Learn binary arithmetic and how negative binary numbers are represented using two’s complement notation.