1. Introduction to Computers and the Internet
People are using the web to build things they have not built or written or drawn or communicated anywhere else.
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
—John F. Kennedy
In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Computer hardware, software and Internet basics.
• The evolution of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
• The data hierarchy.
• The different types of programming languages.
• Object-technology concepts.
• And you’ll see demos of interesting and fun Internet applications you can ...
Get Internet & World Wide Web: How to Program, Fifth Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.