18. Database: SQL, MySQL, LINQ and Java DB
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
—Arthur Conan Doyle
Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever.
—The Holy Bible, Isaiah 30:8
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
I like two kinds of men: domestic and foreign.
In this chapter, you’ll:
• Learn fundamental relational database concepts.
• Learn Structured Query Language (SQL) capabilities for retrieving data from and manipulating data in a database.
• Configure a MySQL user account.
• Create MySQL databases.
• Learn fundamental concepts of Microsoft’s Language Integrated Query (LINQ)