BARRIERS TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
“Communication is something so simple and difficult that we can never put it in simple words”
T. S. Matthews
A critical component of enhancing funeral director helping skills is an increased awareness of potential destructive communication patterns. The information and activities in this chapter will assist you in recognizing specific forms of destructive communication, thus allowing you to avoid them in your work. The patterns outlined include the following:
1. Funeral Director Dominance,
2. Bombarding with Questions,
3. Inappropriate Self-disclosure,
4. Offering Platitudes or False Reassurance,
5. Discouraging the Expression of Emotions and Tears,
6. Emotional Distancing.
FUNERAL DIRECTOR ...