Now that you have a little more animation experience, you can get into some more involved animation practices and toolsets, taking further the principles covered in this book and its examples. Animation is a growing exploration, and you should use this book as a stepping-off point. For everything you’re being exposed to here, there are many more techniques to discover.
Learning Outcomes: In this chapter, you will be able to
- Use hierarchies to your advantage in animation tasks
- Create and manipulate a skeleton system for animation
- Group model pieces to a skeleton
- Create a walk cycle using forward kinematics for pose animation
- Copy and paste keyframes to extend animation
- Discern the three different ways—rigid, smooth, ...