In this Short Cut, we'll take a close look at Silverlight 1.1 and bring clarity to this bleeding-edge technology. First we'll take a broad look at the new concept of Rich Internet Applications and how Silverlight fits into that picture. Then we'll examine how you work with Silverlight 1.1, highlighting tools, concepts, and code that you will need to build these interactive applications. Finally, we'll take a practical look at using Silverlight 1.1 to build a custom control, pulling all of the concepts and tools together.
Join ASP.NET Master and Telerik Chief Technical Evangelist Todd Anglin and the Telerik Team as they guide you to understanding Silverlight 1.1.
Table of contents
Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Understanding Silverlight 1.1
- What Is Silverlight 1.1?
- An Overview of Rich Internet Applications
Working with Silverlight 1.1
- Silverlight Design Model
Silverlight 1.1 Development Model
- Hosting Silverlight in HTML
- The Basics of a Silverlight 1.1 Project
- Silverlight Objects
- Event Model
- Integration with ASP.NET AJAX Futures
- Silverlight 1.1 and WebServices
- LINQ and Silverlight
- Silverlight 1.1 Downloader object
- Building Applications with Silverlight 1.1
- About the Author
- Title: Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Release date: October 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596515836
You might also like
Microservices Patterns Video Edition
"A comprehensive overview of the challenges teams face when moving to microservices, with industry-tested solutions to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
MVVM Survival Guide for Enterprise Architectures in Silverlight and WPF
If you’re using Silverlight and WPF, then employing the MVVM pattern can make a powerful difference …
"Practical SQL is an approachable and fast-paced guide to SQL (Structured Query Language), the standard programming …