In this Short Cut, we'll take a close look at Silverlight 1.1 and bring clarity to this bleeding-edge technology. First we'll take a broad look at the new concept of Rich Internet Applications and how Silverlight fits into that picture. Then we'll examine how you work with Silverlight 1.1, highlighting tools, concepts, and code that you will need to build these interactive applications. Finally, we'll take a practical look at using Silverlight 1.1 to build a custom control, pulling all of the concepts and tools together.
Join ASP.NET Master and Telerik Chief Technical Evangelist Todd Anglin and the Telerik Team as they guide you to understanding Silverlight 1.1.
Table of contents
Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Understanding Silverlight 1.1
- What Is Silverlight 1.1?
- An Overview of Rich Internet Applications
Working with Silverlight 1.1
- Silverlight Design Model
Silverlight 1.1 Development Model
- Hosting Silverlight in HTML
- The Basics of a Silverlight 1.1 Project
- Silverlight Objects
- Event Model
- Integration with ASP.NET AJAX Futures
- Silverlight 1.1 and WebServices
- LINQ and Silverlight
- Silverlight 1.1 Downloader object
- Building Applications with Silverlight 1.1
- About the Author
- Title: Introducing Silverlight 1.1
- Release date: October 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596515836
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Become well-versed with basic networking concepts such as routing, switching, and subnetting, and prepare for the …
Modern Full-Stack Development: Using TypeScript, React, Node.js, Webpack, and Docker
Explore what React, Node, TypeScript, Webpack, and Docker have to offer individually, and how they all …