Even after so many years, TDD is still one of the main buzzwords at almost every conference. This technique has proven itself to be one of the best practices out there when it comes to writing maintainable, robust, and testable code. This course covers key concepts, methods, and patterns behind TDD through concrete and practical examples in C# 7.
This course starts off with an introduction to unit tests and unit test frameworks. Basically, you will learn how to write and automate tests for your implementations. After that, we shift the paradigm and see how to write your tests before implementation itself. We explore how to add full test support to our projects, as well. Through practical examples you will witness how this technique helps us write higher-quality code. In the final sections of this course, you will learn proven methods and patterns for writing modular and testable code. The principles of TDD will help you write better and cleaner code. In addition, you’ll see how solid tests give you a new sense of confidence when you need to modify existing code, refactor, and add new features.
By the end of this course, you will have the tools you need to start building bulletproof applications, backed by an automated suite of tests to ensure quality software delivery.
What You Will Learn
- How to test your code using unit tests and unit test frameworks
- How to add test support to your project
- Explore the essentials of TDD
- How to write testable and maintainable code
- Understand why SOLID principles are important for testing
- Learn which anti-patterns should be avoided
- Learn what mocking is and how to use mocking frameworks
- Understand the selection of design patterns
This course is aimed at developers who are familiar with software development in .NET and in the C# programming language. Also, a familiarity with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code is expected.
About The Author
Nikola Živković: Nikola Zivkovic is a software developer with over 7 years' experience in the industry. He earned his Master’s degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Novi Sad in 2011, but by then he was already working for several companies. At the moment he works for Vega IT Sourcing from Novi Sad. During this period, he worked on large enterprise systems as well as on small web projects. Also, he frequently talks at meetups and conferences and he is a guest lecturer at the University of Novi Sad. You can read his articles on his blog – rubikscode.net.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Learn How Your Software Works with Test Automation
- Chapter 2 : TDD – The Workflow to Bulletproof Your Code
- Chapter 3 : Adding Test Support to a .NET Project
- Chapter 4 : The Art of Writing Testable Code
- Chapter 5 : Testing Modular Code Via Mocking
- Chapter 6 : Modularizing Code and Inversion of Control
- Chapter 7 : Dependency Injection Pattern – The Holy Grail of Modular Design
- Chapter 8 : Concrete Examples of Common Abstractions
- Title: Introducing Test Driven Development in C#
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788292092
You might also like
C# and .NET Core Test Driven Development
Learn how to apply a test-driven development process by building ready C# 7 and .NET Core …
Practical Test-Driven Development using C# 7
Develop applications for the real world with a thorough software testing approach About This Book Develop …
Test Driven Development, Refactoring and Pair Programming
Overview Offering more than 4 hours of instruction, this fast-paced and engaging video course recorded as …
Clean Code in C#
Develop your programming skills by exploring essential topics such as code reviews, implementing TDD and BDD, …