Learn how to use TDD in everyday work and write high-quality code
About This Video
- Learn what unit tests are and how to use them
- Learn how to add test support to your project and use unit test frameworks
- Learn what TDD is and how to use it
- Learn how to write testable code by applying best practices, techniques, and patterns
Even after so many years, TDD is still one of the main buzzwords at almost every conference. This technique has proven itself to be one of the best practices out there when it comes to writing maintainable, robust, and testable code. This course covers key concepts, methods, and patterns behind TDD through concrete and practical examples in C# 7.
This course starts off with an introduction to unit tests and unit test frameworks. Basically, you will learn how to write and automate tests for your implementations. After that, we shift the paradigm and see how to write your tests before implementation itself. We explore how to add full test support to our projects, as well. Through practical examples you will witness how this technique helps us write higher-quality code. In the final sections of this course, you will learn proven methods and patterns for writing modular and testable code. The principles of TDD will help you write better and cleaner code. In addition, you’ll see how solid tests give you a new sense of confidence when you need to modify existing code, refactor, and add new features.
By the end of this course, you will have the tools you need to start building bulletproof applications, backed by an automated suite of tests to ensure quality software delivery.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Introducing-Test-Driven-Development-in-C-
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Learn How Your Software Works with Test Automation
- Chapter 2 : TDD – The Workflow to Bulletproof Your Code
- Chapter 3 : Adding Test Support to a .NET Project
- Chapter 4 : The Art of Writing Testable Code
- Chapter 5 : Testing Modular Code Via Mocking
- Chapter 6 : Modularizing Code and Inversion of Control
- Chapter 7 : Dependency Injection Pattern – The Holy Grail of Modular Design
- Chapter 8 : Concrete Examples of Common Abstractions
- Title: Introducing Test Driven Development in C#
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788292092