Apache NiFi (HDF 2.0) - An introductory course to learn installation, basic concepts and efficient streaming of data
About This Video
- You will learn how to install and configure Apache NiFi to get started
- You will learn Apache NiFI architecture and core concepts
- The core concepts like FlowFile, FlowFile processor, connection, flow controller, process groups and so on.
- You will learn how to use Apache NiFi efficiently to stream data using NiFi between different systems at scale
- You will also understand how to monitor Apache NiFi
- Integrations between Apache Kafka and Apache NiFi!
Apache NiFi was initially used by the NSA so they could move data at scale and was then open sourced. Being such a hot technology, Onyara (the company behind it) was then acquired by Hortonworks, one of the main backers of the big data project Hadoop, and then Hadoop Data Platform. Apache NiFi is now used in many top organisations that want to harness the power of their fast data by sourcing and transferring information from and to their database and big data lakes. It is a key tool to learn for the analyst and data scientists alike. Its simplicity and drag and drop interface make it a breeze to use! You can start building flows between Kafka and ElasticSearch, an FT,P and MongoDB, and so much more! Your imagination is the limit This course will take you through the Apache NiFi technology. It will help you understand its fundamental concepts, with theory lessons that walk you through the core concepts of Apache NiFi. You will also have hands-on labs to get started and build your first data flows. You will learn how to set up your connectors, processors, and how to read your FlowFiles to make the most of what NiFi has to offer. The most important configuration options will be demonstrated so you will be able to get started in no time. We will also analyse a template picked from the web and understand how to debug your flows as well as route your data to different processors based on outcomes through relationships. We will finally learn about the integrations between NiFi and Apache Kafka or MongoDB. Lots of learning ahead!
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to NiFi and first concepts
Chapter 2 : Hands On: Getting Started with NiFi
- Downloading, Installing and Running NiFi 00:04:01
- Adding and configuring the first processor: GetFile 00:04:05
- Second processor PutFile and Starting the Flow 00:12:19
- Understanding the UI 00:07:47
- Categorisation of processors 00:06:01
- FlowFile generator: GenerateFlowFile & ReplaceText processors 00:03:49
Chapter 3 : Apache NiFi in depth
- NiFi templates 00:04:26
- Process groups and Template exports 00:04:36
- Theory: FlowFile topology: content and attributes 00:01:43
- Practice: FlowFile topology: content and attributes 00:08:52
- Using attributes with the Expression Language 00:05:59
- Monitoring NiFi 00:04:24
- Data Provenance and Event Search 00:02:42
- Processor relationships 00:04:18
- Chapter 4 : Annexes
- Title: Introduction to Apache NiFi (Hortonworks DataFlow - HDF 2.0)
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789346084