Chapter 1. Introduction to AutoCAD
• Explore CAD’s uses and benefits
• Understand fundamental CAD concepts
• Tour the AutoCAD user interface
• Explore the different AutoCAD data input methods
• Maximize AutoCAD’s InfoCenter and help system features
This text is designed to allow you to “hit the ground running” using AutoCAD so that you can quickly start creating accurate technical drawings using accepted industry drafting standards. The next chapter (Chapter 2, Quick Start Tutorial) shows you the minimum you need to know in order to create and plot an AutoCAD drawing starting from scratch. These introductory concepts and techniques are then linked to detailed information about each topic so you can explore them ...