Learn how to design and deploy infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions in the cloud using Amazon Web Services. With this ebook, system administrators and architects will explore core AWS IaaS solutions for computing, database storage, networking, and other functionality. Eric Wright, technology evangelist at Turbonomic, provides practical examples, design patterns, and tips to help you confidently build a working IaaS solution.
Once you finish this ebook, you’ll be familiar with AWS core components, understand how AWS concepts map against traditional virtualization, and know how to design your AWS solution for resiliency. You’ll also be able to launch and manage your cloud solution using either the AWS command-line interface or the AWS web console.
- Explore the AWS public cloud platform with a focus on IaaS features such as geographic regions, availability zones, and service-level agreements
- Learn basic networking and security on the AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) platform for launching your compute and storage resources
- Add compute resources to your newly launched VPC by setting up operational tasks with AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Explore the types of storage available on AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), including their cost, performance impact, and examples of operational tasks
Table of contents
- 1. Introduction to AWS
- 2. Basic Networking and Security with Amazon Web Services Virtual Private Cloud
- 3. Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud
- 4. Amazon Web Services Elastic Block Storage
- Title: Introduction to AWS IaaS Solutions
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492047872
You might also like
Designing Machine Learning Systems
Machine learning systems are both complex and unique. Complex because they consist of many different components …
Cloud Computing, 2nd Edition
Cloud Computing, Second Edition accounts for the many changes to the then-emerging business model and technology …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. While there are plenty of …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …