Presents an introduction to Bayesian statistics, presents an emphasis on Bayesian methods (prior and posterior), Bayes estimation, prediction, MCMC,Bayesian regression, and Bayesian analysis of statistical modelsof dependence, and features a focus on copulas for risk management
Introduction to Bayesian Estimation and Copula Models of Dependence emphasizes the applications of Bayesian analysis to copula modeling and equips readers with the tools needed to implement the procedures of Bayesian estimation in copula models of dependence. This book is structured in two parts: the first four chapters serve as a general introduction to Bayesian statistics with a clear emphasis on parametric estimation and the following four chapters stress statistical models of dependence with a focus of copulas.
A review of the main concepts is discussed along with the basics of Bayesian statistics including prior information and experimental data, prior and posterior distributions, with an emphasis on Bayesian parametric estimation. The basic mathematical background of both Markov chains and Monte Carlo integration and simulation is also provided. The authors discuss statistical models of dependence with a focus on copulas and present a brief survey of pre-copula dependence models. The main definitions and notations of copula models are summarized followed by discussions of real-world cases that address particular risk management problems.
In addition, this book includes:
• Practical examples of copulas in use including within the Basel Accord II documents that regulate the world banking system as well as examples of Bayesian methods within current FDA recommendations
• Step-by-step procedures of multivariate data analysis and copula modeling, allowing readers to gain insight for their own applied research and studies
• Separate reference lists within each chapter and end-of-the-chapter exercises within Chapters 2 through 8
• A companion website containing appendices: data files and demo files in Microsoft® Office Excel®, basic code in R, and selected exercise solutions
Introduction to Bayesian Estimation and Copula Models of Dependence is a reference and resource for statisticians who need to learn formal Bayesian analysis as well as professionals within analytical and risk management departments of banks and insurance companies who are involved in quantitative analysis and forecasting. This book can also be used as a textbook for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level courses in Bayesian statistics and analysis.
ARKADY SHEMYAKIN, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Director of the Statistics Program at the University of St. Thomas. A member of the American Statistical Association and the International Society for Bayesian Analysis, Dr. Shemyakin's research interests include informationtheory, Bayesian methods of parametric estimation, and copula models in actuarial mathematics, finance, and engineering.
ALEXANDER KNIAZEV, PhD, is Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Mathematics at Astrakhan State University in Russia. Dr. Kniazev's research interests include representation theory of Lie algebras and finite groups, mathematical statistics, econometrics, and financial mathematics.
Table of contents
- About the Companion Website
Part I: Bayesian Estimation
- 1: Random Variables and Distributions
- 2: Foundations of Bayesian Analysis
- 3: Background for Markov Chain Monte Carlo
- 4: Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods
Part II: Modeling Dependence
- 5: Statistical Dependence Structures
- 6: Copula Models of Dependence
- 7: Statistics of Copulas
- 8: International Markets
- Title: Introduction to Bayesian Estimation and Copula Models of Dependence
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118959015
You might also like
Multivariate Time Series Analysis and Applications
An essential guide on high dimensional multivariate time series including all the latest topics from one …
Advances in Financial Machine Learning
Machine learning (ML) is changing virtually every aspect of our lives. Today ML algorithms accomplish tasks …
Introduction to Probability
Developed from celebrated Harvard statistics lectures, Introduction to Probability provides essential language and tools for understanding …
Bayesian Statistics: An Introduction, 4th Edition
Bayesian Statistics is the school of thought that combines prior beliefs with the likelihood of a …