XML-Based Web Services
The learning goals for this chapter are as follows:
- Explore the use of the eXtensible Markup Language (XML) in Web applications
- Understand the client/server architecture for Web applications
- Learn the manner in which a client’s Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) interacts with a server’s Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) using both the Get and Post methods
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of XML
- Examine the structure and contents of XML documents, as well as the standard manner in which they are accessed and manipulated
3.1 Overview of XML-Based Web ...