Border Gateway Routing
The learning goals for this chapter are as follows:
- Obtain a perspective on the relationship among Autonomous Systems (ASs), and the routing that takes place intra-AS and inter-AS
- Understand the operation of the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and the reasons it is the de facto standard for inter-AS routing in the Internet
- Explore the operational details of the border routers in propagating an advertisement from one AS to another as it progresses through a path containing multiple AS
- Explore in detail the manner in which BGP policy and attributes control route selection
- Learn how BGP and Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP) cooperate in the development of forwarding tables for route selection
- Understand the importance ...