Public Key Cryptography, Infrastructure and Certificates
The learning goals for this chapter are as follows:
- Understand the structure and mechanisms involved in the application of public (or asymmetric) key cryptography
- Explore the mathematical relationships employed in the execution of the Diffie-Hellman protocol, the Rivest, Shamir and Adleman (RSA) algorithm and digital signatures
- Learn the techniques employed in the application of elliptic curve cryptography
- Learn the role played by certificates and the certificate authority in the establishment of authenticity in a public key infrastructure
- Gain an understanding of the various standards for public key cryptography, including Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Explore the use ...