Unified Communications and Multimedia Protocols
The learning goals for this chapter are as follows:
- Explore the most effective techniques for the integration of business processes and communication
- Understand the fundamental role played by the Media Gateway (MGW) in the integration of IP telephony with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
- Learn the typical implementations employed for Unified Communication (UC)
- Explore the various facets and ramifications involved in the use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Learn the various elements involved in the structure and use of both the Real Time Protocol (RTP) and the Real Time Control Protocol (RTCP)
- Understand the methods involved in integrating services in the Internet ...