This is a hands-on basic course about data analytics and KNIME, and is designed for learners with little experience in data analytics or in programming. Taught by 24 year data analytics veteran Dr. Rosaria Silipo, it covers everything a beginning data analyst needs to know. You'll learn about importing data from common data sources and how to investigate data using visual exploration, ETL, data blending, and some machine learning algorithms.
You'll explore prediction models, clustering models, recommendation models, PMML models, and how to build a report in BIRT and the KNIME WebPortal. By course end, you'll possess a basic understanding of the methods of data analytics as well as practical skills in using the KNIME platform for your own purposes.
- Learn the basics of data analytics and how to apply them in real life scenarios using KNIME
- Understand what the KNIME data analytics platform is and what it can do
- See how beginners without programming skills can use KNIME for data analytics
- Gain experience installing and working with the KNIME platform
- Enjoy access to sample data analytics workflows and exercises
Dr. Rosaria Silipo has been working in data analytics since 1992. She is a principal data scientist for KNIME.com AG. She's held senior positions with Siemens, Viseca AG, and Nuance Communications; she holds a PhD in Bioengineering from the Politecnico di Milano and a Masters in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florence; and is the author of more than 50 scientific publications, many scientific whitepapers, and a number of books for data science practitioners.