Master C++ “The Qt Way” with Modern Design Patterns and Efficient Reuse
This fully updated, classroom-tested book teaches C++ “The Qt Way,” emphasizing design patterns and efficient reuse. Readers will master both the C++ language and Qt libraries, as they learn to develop maintainable software with well-defined code layers and simple, reusable classes and functions.
Every chapter of this edition has been improved with new content, better organization, or both. Readers will find extensively revised coverage of QObjects, Reflection, Widgets, Main Windows, Models and Views, Databases, Multi-Threaded Programming, and Reflection. This edition introduces the powerful new Qt Creator IDE; presents new multimedia APIs; and offers extended coverage of Qt Designer and C++ Integration. It has been restructured to help readers start writing software immediately and write robust, effective software sooner.
The authors introduce several new design patterns, add many quiz questions and labs, and present more efficient solutions relying on new Qt features and best practices. They also provide an up-to-date C++ reference section and a complete application case study.
Master C++ keywords, literals, identifiers, declarations, types, and type conversions.
Understand classes and objects, organize them, and describe their interrelationships.
Learn consistent programming style and naming rules.
Use lists, functions, and other essential techniques.
Define inheritance relationships to share code and promote reuse.
Learn how code libraries are designed, built, and reused.
Work with QObject, the base class underlying much of Qt.
Build graphical user interfaces with Qt widgets.
Use templates to write generic functions and classes.
Master advanced reflective programming techniques.
Use the Model-View framework to cleanly separate data and GUI classes.
Validate input using regular expressions and other techniques.
Parse XML data with SAX, DOM, and QXmlStreamReader.
Master today’s most valuable creational and structural design patterns.
Create, use, monitor, and debug processes and threads.
Access databases with Qt’s SQL classes.
Manage memory reliably and efficiently.
Understand how to effectively manage QThreads and use QtConcurrent algorithms.
Click here to obtain supplementary materials for this book.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Preface to the Second Edition
- About the Authors
Part I: Design Patterns and Qt
- Chapter 1: C++ Introduction
- Chapter 2: Top of the class
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Qt
- Chapter 4: Lists
- Chapter 5: Functions
- Chapter 6: Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Chapter 7: Libraries and Design Patterns
- Chapter 8: QObject, QApplication, Signals, and Slots
- Chapter 9: Widgets and Designer
- Chapter 10: Main Windows and Actions
- Chapter 11: Generics and Containers
- Chapter 12: Meta Objects, Properties, and Reflective Programming
- Chapter 13: Models and Views
- Chapter 14: Validation and Regular Expressions
- Chapter 15: Parsing XML
- Chapter 16: More Design Patterns
- Chapter 17: Concurrency
- Chapter 18: Database Programming
- Part II: C++ Language Reference
- Part III: Programming Assignments
- Appendix A: C++ Reserved Keywords
- Appendix B: Standard Headers
- Appendix C: Development Tools
- Appendix D: Alan’s Quick Start Guide to Debian for Programmers
- Appendix E: C++/Qt Setup
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
- Chapter 17
- Chapter 18
- Chapter 19
- Chapter 20
- Chapter 21
- Chapter 22
- Chapter 23
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Appendix D
- Appendix E
- Title: Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt, 2nd Edition
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780132851619
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference, Second Edition
The Best-Selling C++ Resource Now Updated for C++11 The C++ standard library provides a set of …
End to End GUI Development with Qt5
Learn the complete Qt ecosystem and its tools and build UIs for mobile and desktop applications …
C++ Concurrency in Action, Second Edition
C++ Concurrency in Action, Second Edition is the definitive guide to writing elegant multithreaded applications in …