In this Introduction to Django training course, expert author Nicole Harris will teach you how to build your own Django applications. This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no experience with Django is required.
You will start by learning how to manage data, then jump into learning about views, URLs, and templates. From there, Nicole will teach you about forms, including how to create and display a form, save form data, and write custom form validation. This video tutorial also covers testing your own Django application, including setting up and running tests, testing models, and testing forms. Finally, you will learn about deployment, including connecting with GitHub and configuring local settings, setting up a continuous integration server, and troubleshooting and setting up your first user.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned how to set up, create, and deploy your own Django applications. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of contents
- Managing Data
Views, URLs And Templates
- Our First URL And View - Understanding The Request Response Cycle 00:03:45
- Creating Our First Template And Displaying Dynamic Data 00:03:32
- Querying Our Data And Using It In Our View 00:06:28
- Trying Out Class-Based Views 00:03:57
- Class-Based Generic Views 00:05:55
- Better HTML With Extends And Includes 00:03:21
- Creating Links And Adding Static Resources 00:02:45
- Testing Your Django Application
- Title: Introduction to Django
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771375375
You might also like
In this Intermediate Django training course, expert author Mark Lavin will teach you how to build …
Python Django Dev To Deployment
Learn Python and build & deploy a real estate application using the Django framework & PostgreSQL …