This video’s accompanying exercises and solutions can be found here.
- Explore the principles and methods underlying the functional approach to programming
- Recognize the distinctions between functional, imperative, and procedural programming
- Learn to program with pure functions and how they benefit testing, debugging, and memoization
- Discover the three most important must-have functions: Filter, map, and fold
- Learn about higher-order functions, lists, recursion, and monads
- Master the ability to transform a procedural solution to a problem into a functional solution
Barry Burd is a professor of Computer Science and Mathematics at Drew University in New Jersey where he's been explaining programming concepts since 1980. He has a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Illinois and is the author of nine software-centric "Dummies" books including Java For Dummies, Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies, and more.
Table of contents
- Title: Introduction to Functional Programming
- Release date: November 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491962749
You might also like
Design Patterns (Clean Coders Video Series)
Overview Get ready for something very different. This ain't no screen cast. This ain't no talkin' …
Functional Programming For Java LiveLessons
7+ Hours of Video Instruction Almost 8 hours teaching Java programmers how to design and create …
Java 8 Fundamentals: Modern Java Development with Lambdas, Streams, and Introducing Java 9’s JShell and the Java Platform Module System (JPMS)
54+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Java™ SE 7 …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …