6 Creating the Work Breakdown Structures and Project Schedule
After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
• Develop scope using a work breakdown structure (WBS).
• Define activities necessary to deliver project scope.
• Identify resources needed to deliver project scope.
• Establish the sequence of activities.
• Estimate activity durations.
• Estimate project costs.
In Chapter 5, we talked about using a project charter and a project scope statement to define the work of the project. In this chapter, we will start to bring more detail to the project scope by using a WBS to decompose the project scope into deliverables. The next steps are to turn those deliverables into activities, identify what resources will be needed to carry them ...