7 Developing the Project Team
After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
• Define the roles of the project manager, project sponsor, team members, and functional managers.
• List the skills, abilities, and traits of effective project managers.
• Discuss project teams, team building, and techniques for leading project teams.
• Discuss some of the difficulties in managing virtual teams.
• Define common areas of conflict on projects and explain different methods of resolving project conflicts.
In order for projects to successful, everyone must know their role and their specific responsibility for the project. In the last chapter, we talked about a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM) that could be used to define the accountabilities ...