After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
• Discuss quality management.
• Describe the differences between product and project quality.
• List the contents of a quality management plan.
• Discuss the components of an IT quality management effort.
• Describe how a testing program fits into the IT quality effort.
If you were to walk up to an IT project manager and ask if he or she is ensuring that the project turns out a high-quality product, you most likely would get a puzzled look and a response like, “Yes, of course I am.” However, if you asked to see the quality management plan (QMP), the project manager would likely get an embarrassed look and reply, “We haven’t written one.” ...