Distribution and Exhibition
• How does the exhibition of media production compare to retail business?
• What are the technologies used in distributing broadcast signals?
• How are cable and satellite signals distributed?
• How are theatrical and nontheatrical films distributed?
• What part does corporate media play in distribution?
• How has home media distribution changed?
In most media-related business operations, production is analogous to manufacturing, distribution to wholesaling, and exhibition to retailing. A distributor acts as a middleman or intermediary between the people who produce something and those who consume it. Exhibiting film, video, audio, and multimedia productions is similar ...