In 8 easy to follow and understand video lessons, expert trader Carley Garner demystifies commodities trading, helping you to improve your trading skills fast!Garner explains futures markets, contracts, long versus short, delivery, arbitrage, cost-to-carry, offsetting and rollover trades, spreads, costs, and more. Learn powerful trading techniques at yourpace...get specific solutions when youneed them!
This item is sold with the understanding that neither the author nor the publisher is engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services or advice by publishing this item. Each individual situation is unique. Thus, if legal or financial advice or other expert assistance is required in a specific situation, the services of a competent professional should be sought to ensure that the situation has been evaluated carefully and appropriately. The author and the publisher disclaim any liability, loss, or risk resulting directly or indirectly, from the use or application of any of the contents of this item.
Carley Garneris Senior Market Analyst and Broker with DeCarley Trading and a columnist for Stocks & Commodities. The author of A Trader’s First Book on Commoditiesand Commodity Options, she writes two popular e-newsletters, The Stock Index Reportand The Bond Bulletin. Garner has been quoted in media ranging from Reuters to Investor’s Business Dailyand The Wall Street Journal. She is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Commodity market volatility: what creates it and how it influences the lives of traders and society
- Section 1: How it all Began
Section 2: Futures Market Mechanics
- Futures Market Mechanics 00:01:48
- Lesson 4: Long vs. Short 00:15:53
- Lesson 5: The Glue that holds it all together - Delivery, Arbitrage and Cost To Carry 00:04:57
- Lesson 6: Offsetting and Rolling Over Trades 00:04:06
- Lesson 7: Bid/Ask Spread 00:04:57
- Lesson 8: Round Turns and Transaction Costs 00:05:37
- Title: Investing Crash Course in Commodities, An: Understanding the Markets, the Exchanges, and the Mechanics of the Trade
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780132486651