Don’t spend your time worrying whether you can beat the markets: you don’t need to beat them to be a successful investor. By showing you how to build a simple and rational portfolio and tailor it to your specific needs, Investing Demystified will help you generate superior returns.
With his straightforward and jargon-free advice, Lars Kroijer simplies the often complex world of finance and tells you everything you need to know – and everything that you don’t need to worry about – in order to make the most from your investments.
In Investing Demystified you will:
• Discover the mix of stocks, bonds and cash needed for a top performing portfolio
• Learn why the most broadly diversified and simplest portfolio makes the most sense
• Understand the right level of risk for you and how this affects your investments
• Find out why a low cost approach will yield benefits whilst leaving you with a higher quality portfolio
• Understand the implications of tax and liquidity
Table of Contents
- Title page
- About the author
- Read this first
- Part 1 Introduction
- Part 2 The rational portfolio
- Part 3 Tailoring and implementing the rational portfolio
- Part 4 Other things to think about
- A For the brave: portfolio theory and the rational investor
- B Inflation-protected bonds
- C The standard deviation
- D Adding government bonds to the rational portfolio
- E Adding corporate bonds to the rational portfolio
- F Asset classes left out of the rational portfolio
- G Portfolio risk when adding government and corporate bonds
- H Tax considerations for the rational portfolio
- I Liquidity and the rational portfolio
- J Physical or synthetic ETF?
- What did you think of this book?
- Title: Investing Demystified, 2nd Edition
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292156149