Every company wants brilliant employees who are motivated to do a good job, and the best way to achieve that goal is to ensure your staff is well trained. Doing so rewards your company with excellent productivity, avoids mistakes made in ignorance, and improves employee retention. But it’s one thing to say you want to help your people improve their skill sets, and another to actually make it happen.
What’s the best way for a company to provide the training its tech employees need? In this ebook, author Esther Schindler explores the subject through more than two dozen interviews with experts in professional development, career management, and employee counseling, as well as company executives and tech employees who have experienced the training process firsthand.
You’ll examine employer, employee, and consultant perspectives on:
- Investing and retraining employees
- Building an efficient training process
- Choosing the best training medium
- Who chooses the training—and who gets trained
- The process of setting training budgets
- Methods for tracking the success of training programs
Table of contents
1. Investing in Employees: Training and Educating Staff with Outstanding Results
- Investing in and Retraining Employees
- Building an Efficient Training Process
- What’s the Best Training Medium?
- Who Chooses the Training?
- Who Sets the Budgets?
- Tracking Success
- Title: Investing in Employees
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491996829
You might also like
The 7 Principles of Conflict Resolution
is the go-to resource for conflict and dispute resolution, whether you’re new to the subject or …
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ENGLISH)
PMBOK® Guide is the go-to resource for project management practitioners. The project management profession has significantly …
Coaching Essentials for Managers: The Tools You Need to Ignite Greatness in Each Employee
"This book is the ultimate guide to retaining and engaging your employees. Readers will walk away …
Raise Your Team's Employee Engagement Score
Want employees that go the extra mile? Love them or hate them, employee engagement surveys are …