The bestselling guide to real estate, newly revised for today's investors
More than ever, investing in property today will set you on track to conquer financial uncertainty and build your long-term net worth. Investing in Real Estate, Seventh Edition offers dozens of experience- proven methods to convert these challenging times into the best of times.
Whether you want to fix and sell or buy, improve, and hold, market savvy real estate investor Gary W. Eldred shows you how to achieve your goals. He provides time-tested ways to grow a profitable portfolio and shows you how property investing can deliver twenty-two sources of financial return. You'll learn how to negotiate like a pro, read market trends, and choose from multiple possibilities to finance your properties. This timely new edition also includes:
Historical context to emphasize how bargain prices and near record low interest rates now combine to offer unprecedented potential for short- and long-term profits
Successfully navigate and meet today's loan underwriting standards
How to obtain discounted property prices from banks, underwater owners, and government agencies
How to value properties accurately—and, when necessary, intelligently challenge poorly prepared lender appraisals
Effective techniques to acquire REOs and short sales on favorable terms within reasonable time frames
How to market and manage your properties to outperform other investors
And much more!
Join the pros who are profiting from today's market. All you need is the knowledge edge provided by Investing in Real Estate, Seventh Edition—the most favored and reliable guide to gaining the rewards that real estate offers.
"This is the best how-to-invest-in-real-estate book available."
INVEST NOW for Large Future Gains
INVEST NOW for Increasing Cash Flows
INVEST NOW for Lifetime Security
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Prologue: INVEST IN PROPERTY NOW
- 1: ACHIEVE A PROSPEROUS FUTURE: 22 WAYS YOU CAN EARN PROFITS WITH PROPERTY
- 2: OPM: BORROW SMART, RAISE CASH, BUILD EQUITY
- 3: APPRAISAL: INS AND OUTS OF MARKET VALUE
- 4: MAXIMIZE CASH FLOWS AND GROW YOUR EQUITY
- 5: PAY LESS THAN MARKET VALUE
- 6: PROFIT WITH FORECLOSURES
- 7: PROFIT FROM REOs AND OTHER BARGAIN SALES
8: PROFIT BY CREATING VALUE
- FIX, SELL, PROFIT!
- YOUR FIXER-UPPER SEARCH
- IMPROVEMENT POSSIBILITIES
- REQUIRED REPAIRS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- YOU CAN IMPROVE EVERYTHING ABOUT A PROPERTY—INCLUDING ITS LOCATION
- WHAT TYPES OF IMPROVEMENTS PAY THE GREATEST RETURNS?
- BUDGETING FOR RESALE PROFITS
- COMPLY WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- SHOULD YOU BUY A FIXER-UPPER?
- 9: MORE TECHNIQUES TO PROFIT WITH PROPERTY
- 10: NEGOTIATE A WIN-WIN PURCHASE AGREEMENT
- 11: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT BUILDS EQUITY
- 12: DEVELOP THE BEST LEASE
- 13: CREATE PROMOTIONS THAT SELL
- 14: PAY LESS TAX
15: MORE IDEAS FOR PROFITABLE INVESTING
- OUT-OF-AREA INVESTING
- EMERGING GROWTH AREAS
- EMERGING RETIREMENT AND SECOND-HOME AREAS
- OUT-OF-AREA CAVEATS
- COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES
- Opportunity for High Reward
- TRIPLE NET (NNN)
- MOBILE HOME PARKS
- PROFITABLE POSSIBILITIES WITH ZONING
- TAX LIENS AND TAX DEEDS
- DISCOUNTED PAPER
- SHOULD YOU FORM AN LLC?
- 16: OPPORTUNITY FOR A LIFETIME
- Title: Investing in Real Estate, 7th Edition
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118172971