When he was 24 years old, Mark Aardsma was fired in a downsizing. He had little in the way of savings. But instead of panicking and seeking to land a new job immediately, he sat down and began to invest his time and money differently. By the time he was 34, he had multiplied his limited savings a thousand fold and controlled a multi-million-dollar portfolio of businesses and other investments.
The notes he took as he made his idiosyncratic journey have now been expanded into a detailed guidebook for anyone aspiring to a bigger and better future. In Investing with Purpose, you will learn how to:
- Use all your resources to build your future, especially your precious, limited time.
- Avoid the emotional pitfalls that lead smart investors to make bad decisions.
- Face your fear and take reasonable risks to capitalize on your best opportunities.
- Apply your unique investment advantages--the only reliable path to superior results.
Investing with Purpose will inspire you to use what you have to create the future you want. Whether your goal is to get rich, protect the rainforest, or just improve the neighborhood, this book will help you get there.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: Reflect Before You Race
- Chapter 2: Value All Your Resources
- Chapter 3: Tell Yourself the Truth About Time
- Chapter 4: Stick With the Folding Tables
- Chapter 5: Measure and Choose With ROI
- Chapter 6: Invest in Your Investment Advantages
- Chapter 7: Build Yourself and Your Network
- Chapter 8: Manage the Emotions That Trip Investors
- Chapter 9: Lean Into the Difficult Work
- Chapter 10: Trust Homework, Not Hunches
- Chapter 11: Own What You’re Building
- Chapter 12: Keep Rolling the Snowball
- Chapter 13: Come Out Ahead Trading Your Time
- Chapter 14: Bet Big on Your Big Advantages
- About the Author
- Title: Investing With Purpose
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Web Security for Developers
The world has changed. Today, every time you make a site live, you’re opening it up …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guide
Develop proficiency in AWS technologies and validate your skills by becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner …
Stock Investing For Dummies, 6th Edition
New ideas, strategies and resources to help you prosper in both up and down markets This …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …