The guide for investors who want a better understanding of investment strategies that have stood the test of time
This thoroughly revised and updated edition of Investment Philosophies covers different investment philosophies and reveal the beliefs that underlie each one, the evidence on whether the strategies that arise from the philosophy actually produce results, and what an investor needs to bring to the table to make the philosophy work.
The book covers a wealth of strategies including indexing, passive and activist value investing, growth investing, chart/technical analysis, market timing, arbitrage, and many more investment philosophies.
Presents the tools needed to understand portfolio management and the variety of strategies available to achieve investment success
Explores the process of creating and managing a portfolio
Shows readers how to profit like successful value growth index investors
Aswath Damodaran is a well-known academic and practitioner in finance who is an expert on different approaches to valuation and investment
This vital resource examines various investing philosophies and provides you with helpful online resources and tools to fully investigate each investment philosophy and assess whether it is a philosophy that is appropriate for you.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Upside, Downside: Understanding Risk
- Chapter 3: Numbers Don’t Lie—Or Do They?
- Chapter 4: Show Me the Money: The Basics of Valuation
- Chapter 5: Many a Slip: Trading, Execution, and Taxes
- Chapter 6: Too Good to Be True? Testing Investment Strategies
- Chapter 7: Smoke and Mirrors? Price Patterns, Volume Charts, and Technical Analysis
- Chapter 8: Graham’s Disciples: Value Investing
- Chapter 9: The Allure of Growth: Small Cap and Growth Investing
- Chapter 10: Information Pays: Trading on News
- Chapter 11: A Sure Profit: The Essence of Arbitrage
- Chapter 12: The Impossible Dream? Timing the Market
- Chapter 13: Ready to Give Up? The Allure of Indexing
- Chapter 14: A Road Map to Choosing an Investment Philosophy
- Title: Investment Philosophies: Successful Strategies and the Investors Who Made Them Work, 2nd Edition
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118235614