Chapter 1. Introduction to iOS development
This chapter covers
- Introduction to iOS development
- Designing applications for the mobile paradigm
- Building and running your first iOS application
- Objective-C and MVC primer
- Overview of Apple’s development tools
Developing iOS apps is something that many people wish they knew how to do. How many times have you heard people say, “If only there was an app for...”? By the end of this book you’ll be able to create those apps and possibly create one that could be downloaded by millions of people around the world. Even by the end of this chapter, you’ll be able to call yourself an iOS developer after we create our first iOS application together.
Many people who want to develop for iOS get scared ...