Chapter 2. Views and view controller basics
This chapter covers
- Enhancing your Hello Time app
- Views and the view coordinate system
- User interface controls and responding to events
- View controller lifecycle and creating views programmatically
- Supporting multiple orientations
You’ve all used apps on your mobile devices. The way you interact with them is much different than the way you use apps on your laptops or desktop computers. Why is that? The amount of space available to present information on mobile screens is much smaller than on desktop applications. Only a limited amount of data can be displayed on the screen at once to ensure a good visual experience.
You also interact with your apps differently. Instead of using peripherals ...