Chapter 3. Using storyboards to organize and visualize your views
This chapter covers
- Creating a task management app
- Overview of Xcode’s interface tools
- Using storyboarding in your applications
- Transitioning between scenes using segues
- Passing data between view controllers
Until recently, every view controller in iOS needed its own separate file for its interface (known and phonetically pronounced as NIBs but having the extension .xib). NIBs are individual interface files that allow you to create interfaces graphically instead of programmatically. You would need to edit these independently of other view controllers within the same application. Some developers would even choose to skip NIBs altogether and create their views programmatically. ...