Chapter 11. Local data persistence
This chapter covers
- Storing app state on the device
- Storing user preferences on the device
- Using different techniques for storing data on the device
In this chapter, we’ll take a lightning tour of several options for persisting data locally on the device. We can’t comprehensively cover all features of all alternatives in one chapter, but we’ll explore the basics of the different options and the differences in approaches, so you can choose for yourself which option you prefer or which is more appropriate for a project.
Specifically, we’ll explore storing data using
- State preservation and restoration— Your app remembers where you left it.
- User defaults— Your app remembers your preferences.
- Property ...
Get iOS Development with Swift now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.