- Pick any Xcode project you have, and click on Profile.
- Choose Energy Log from the following list of instruments:
- Choose the device/simulator and the app from the target device and process list.
- Click on the Record button at the top-left corner.
- Use the app that you want to record normally, and then click on the Stop button.
- You should see a detailed analysis of the energy used:
- There is another way to log the energy usage while you're away from Instruments.
- Go to your iOS device and then go to Settings | Developer | Logging ...
Get iOS Programming Cookbook now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.