Leverage Defender for IoT for understanding common attacks and achieving zero trust for IoT and OT devices
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Identify and resolve cybersecurity challenges in the IoT and OT worlds
- Familiarize yourself with common attack vectors in the IoT and OT domains
- Dive into Defender for IoT, understand its capabilities, and put it to practice
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, or Industry 4.0, is all about digital transformation, manufacturing, and production. The connected world we live in today, including industries, comes with several cybersecurity challenges that need immediate attention. This book takes you through the basics of IoT and OT architecture and helps you understand and mitigate these security challenges.
The book begins with an overview of the challenges faced in managing and securing IoT and OT devices in Industry 4.0. You'll then get to grips with the Purdue model of reference architecture, which will help you explore common cyber attacks in IoT and OT environments. As you progress, you'll be introduced to Microsoft Defender for IoT and understand its capabilities in securing IoT and OT environments. Finally, you will discover best practices for achieving continuous monitoring and vulnerability management, as well as threat monitoring and hunting, and find out how to align your business model toward zero trust.
By the end of this security book, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and skills to efficiently secure IoT and OT environments using Microsoft Defender for IoT.
What you will learn
- Discover security challenges faced in IoT and OT environments
- Understand the security issues in Industry 4.0
- Explore Microsoft Defender for IoT and learn how it aids in securing the IoT/OT industry
- Find out how to deploy Microsoft Defender for IoT along with its prerequisites
- Understand the importance of continuous monitoring
- Get familiarized with vulnerability management in the IoT and OT worlds
- Dive into risk assessment as well as threat monitoring and hunting
- Achieve zero trust for IoT devices
Who this book is for
This book is for industrial security, IoT security, and IT security professionals. Security engineers, including pentesters, security architects, and ethical hackers, who want to ensure the security of their organization's data when connected with the IoT will find this book useful.
Table of contents
- IoT and OT Security Handbook
- About the authors
- About the reviewers
- Part 1: Understand the Challenges in IoT/OT Security and Common Attacks
- Chapter 1: Addressing Cybersecurity in the Age of Industry 4.0
- Chapter 2: Delving into Network Segmentation-Based Reference Architecture – the Purdue Model
Chapter 3: Common Attacks on IoT/OT Environments
- Why do we see frequent attacks on the OT/IoT environment?
- Who performs attacks on OT/IoT systems and how and why do they do it?
- Famous OT attacks
- How do these attacks impact businesses and humans?
- Part 2: How Microsoft Defender for IoT Can Address the Open Challenges in the Connected World We Live in Today
- Chapter 4: What Is Microsoft Defender for IoT?
Chapter 5: How Does Microsoft Defender for IoT Fit into Your OT/IoT Environment/Architecture?
- The topology of network architecture
- Diverse ways of traffic mirroring for OT monitoring
- How the Purdue model is applied to MDIoT
- Sensor placement considerations
- OT sensor cloud connection methods
- Chapter 6: How Do the Microsoft Defender for IoT Features Help in Addressing Open Challenges?
- Part 3: Best Practices to Achieve Continuous Monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Threat Monitoring and Hunting, and to Align the Business Model Toward Zero Trust
- Chapter 7: Asset Inventory
- Chapter 8: Continuous Monitoring
- Chapter 9: Vulnerability Management and Threat Monitoring
- Chapter 10: Zero Trust Architecture and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: IoT and OT Security Handbook
- Release date: March 2023
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781804619803
You might also like
Practical Internet of Things Security - Second Edition
A practical, indispensable security guide that will navigate you through the complex realm of securely building …
Industrial Network Security, 2nd Edition
As the sophistication of cyber-attacks increases, understanding how to defend critical infrastructure systems—energy production, water, gas, …
Wireless Security Architecture
Reduce organizational cybersecurity risk and build comprehensive WiFi, private cellular, and IOT security solutions Wireless Security …
Ransomware and Cyber Extortion: Response and Prevention
Protect Your Organization from Devastating Ransomware and Cyber Extortion Attacks Ransomware and other cyber extortion crimes …