32 iSeries Access for Web V5R2 and WebSphere Host Publisher V4.0
– List, manage, and view the status of output queues on your iSeries server.
– Hold and release an output queue from the output queue list.
– List, preview, and manage printer output in an output queue from the output queue list.
You can customize Print functions or restrict them by using the Customize tab. For additional
information on Print, see
iSeries Access for Web
Printer output in PDF format
iSeries Access for Web supports two different ways to transform a spooled file to the PDF
IBM Infoprint Server (5722-IP1)
IBM Infoprint Server is a separately purchased product that gives iSeries Access for Web
users the ability to create full text PDF files that deliver document fidelity, while preserving the
ability to navigate through the text of the document. If you have IBM Infoprint Server installed,
iSeries Access for Web automatically detects and uses it. If you do not have IBM Infoprint
Server installed, the individual pages of the spooled file are converted into images. These
images become the pages of the output PDF document. You cannot edit or search for content
in any of these pages.
iSeries Access for Web has the ability to view printer shares. For additional assistance on
configuration and setup, refer to the iSeries Information Center at:
iSeries Access for Web has the ability to view Internet printers. To learn more about
configuring and setting up these printers, see
Printer Device Programing
Mailing PDF files
iSeries Access for Web provides the ability to mail print output in PDF format. You must first
configure the mail function for the iSeries Access for Web user or group profile as outlined
1. Follow the steps in “Setting up Mail” on page 29.
2. Select the Print-> Printer output link from the navigation bar.
3. Select PDF from the Action Column in the Printer Output page, and change Destination to
Mail as Attachment. Figure 3-14 shows the PDF Output Settings that are available if IBM
Infoprint Server is installed.