A step-by-step guide to running a successful IT project
Few businesses could function effectively without their IT systems. At the same time, they depend on IT for more than their day-to-day operations. ; Companies must constantly innovate in order to remain competitive and keep up with ever-changing customer requirements; IT projects deliver these innovations. The IT project manager is the person responsible for implementing the project and realising the objectives it was designed to achieve.
An invaluable and concise reference
This pocket guide is designed to help IT project managers to succeed, and is based on the author's years of experience in IT project management. The guide's step-by-step approach will enable those new to IT project management, or intending to make a career in this field, to master the essential skills. For seasoned professionals, the pocket guide offers an invaluable concise reference guide.
Read this essential guide and learn how to ...
Budget overruns are notorious in IT projects. The guide shows you how to make an accurate estimate of the project costs, and how to track expenses as the project progresses in order to deal with the risk of overspending.
In the course of any IT project, there will inevitably be some uncertainties and problems. The pocket guide explains how you should track risks, making your team aware of them, planning ahead to minimise their impact and prioritising problems to make the most efficient use of your resources.
The most common reason for project failure is lack of communication. You need to understand the business case for the IT project, and how it fits into your organisation's overall needs. The guide shows you what to do to obtain senior management buy-in at the outset and to retain their support over the lifetime of the project. This will be vital for the project's eventual success.
Make sure your IT projects deliver what they promised ... Buy this pocket guide today!
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Celebrate
- Chapter 2: Know your Organisation
- Chapter 3: Know your Project Cause
- Chapter 4: Know your Project Scope
- Chapter 5: Know your Project Organisation
- Chapter 6: Form your Core Team
- Chapter 7: Set your Project Governance
- Chapter 8: Split your Deliverables into Parts
- Chapter 9: Identify the Tasks
- Chapter 10: Sequence the Tasks
- Chapter 11: Set Roles
- Chapter 12: Estimate the Tasks
- Chapter 13: Constraints to Achieving the Tasks
- Chapter 14: Create a Project Plan
- Chapter 15: Estimate Costs
- Chapter 16: Baseline and Get Approval for the Plan
- Chapter 17: Initiate the Project
- Chapter 18: Track your Team
- Chapter 19: Track your Plan
- Chapter 20: Track your Issues and Risks
- Chapter 21: Report your Progress
- Chapter 22: Unexpected Changes
- Chapter 23: Plan your Go-Live
- Chapter 24: Engage with the Deployment Team
- Chapter 25: Plan the Support
- Chapter 26: Plan the Transition
- Chapter 27: Go-Live
- Chapter 28: Close the Project
- Chapter 29: Share the Learning
- Chapter 30: Celebrate
- ITG Resources
- Title: IT Project Management: 30 Steps to Success
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849281010
You might also like
The hands-on video guide to project management: master the entire project lifecycle in just hours! Description …
IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Master IT Project Management This practical, up-to-date guide explains how to successfully manage an IT project …
Project Management JumpStart, 4th Edition
An informative introduction for those considering a career in project management Project Management JumpStart offers a …
Maximizing Benefits from IT Project Management
With the majority of IT projects being delivered late, over budget, or cancelled altogether, it is …