Chapter 15Improving the View
- How to draw and update multiple views
- How to implement scrolling in a view
- How to create a context menu at the cursor
- How to highlight the element nearest the cursor to provide feedback to the user
- How to program the mouse to move and delete elements
You can find the wrox.com code downloads for this chapter on the Download Code tab at www.wrox.com/go/beginningvisualc. The code is in the Chapter 15 download and individually named according to the names throughout the chapter.
There are still some limitations in Sketcher. For instance:
- You can open another view window for the current sketch by using the Window New Window menu option. This capability is built into an MDI application. However, if you draw in one window the elements are not drawn in the other window. Elements never appear in windows other than the one in which they were created unless the area they occupy is redrawn for some other reason.
- You can draw only in the client area you can see. It would be nice to be able to scroll the view and draw over a bigger area.
- Even though the document object can delete an element from the sketch, you have no user interface mechanism for deleting an element. If you make a mistake, you either live with it or start over with a new document.
- You can't ...