Chapter 9: Exception Handling
1. What class is at the top of the exception hierarchy?
Throwable is at the top of the exception hierarchy.
2. Briefly explain how to use try and catch.
The try and catch statements work together. Program statements that you want to monitor for exceptions are contained within a try block. An exception is caught using catch.
3. What is wrong with this fragment?
There is no try block preceding the catch statement.
4. What happens if an exception is not caught?
If an exception is not caught, abnormal program termination results.
5. What is wrong with this fragment?
In the fragment, a superclass catch precedes a subclass ...