Chapter 1 Self Test
1. What is bytecode and why is it important to Java’s use for Internet programming?
2. What are the three main principles of object-oriented programming?
3. Where do Java programs begin execution?
4. What is a variable?
5. Which of the following variable names is invalid?
6. How do you create a single-line comment? How do you create a multiline comment?
7. Show the general form of the if statement. Show the general form of the for loop.
8. How do you create a block of code?
9. The moon’s gravity is about 17 percent that of earth’s. Write a program that computes your effective weight ...