Chapter 5 Self Test
1. Show two ways to declare a one-dimensional array of 12 doubles.
2. Show how to initialize a one-dimensional array of integers to the values 1 through 5.
3. Write a program that uses an array to find the average of 10 double values. Use any 10 values you like.
4. Change the sort in Try This 5-1 so that it sorts an array of strings. Demonstrate that it works.
5. What is the difference between the String methods indexOf( ) and lastIndexOf( )?
6. Since all strings are objects of type String, show how you can call the length( ) and charAt( ) methods on this string literal: “I like Java”.
7. Expanding on the Encode cipher class, ...