Authoritative but accessible information on Java programming fundamentals
As one of the most popular programming languages in the world, Java is widely used in everything from application software to web applications. This helpful book escorts you through the fundamentals and concepts of Java programming using a first/late objects approach. Packed with extensive opportunities for programming practice, Java For Everyone is an ideal resource for learning all there is to know about Java programming.
Serves as an authoritative guide on the fundamentals of Java programming
Features accessible coverage compatible with Java 5, 6, 7
Uses first/late objects approach and provides a variety of opportunities for programming practice
If you're interested in learning the basics of Java programming, then this is the book you need.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Present fundamentals first.
- Guidance and worked examples help students succeed.
- Practice makes perfect.
- A visual approach motivates the reader and eases navigation.
- Focus on the essentials while being technically accurate.
- New to This Edition
- A Tour of the Book
- A Walkthrough of the Learning Aids
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: FUNDAMENTAL DATA TYPES
- CHAPTER 3: DECISIONS
- CHAPTER 4: LOOPS
- CHAPTER 5: METHODS
- CHAPTER 6: ARRAYS AND ARRAY LISTS
- CHAPTER 7: INPUT/OUTPUT AND EXCEPTION HANDLING
CHAPTER 8: OBJECTS AND CLASSES
- 8.1 Object-Oriented Programming
- 8.2 Implementing a Simple Class
- 8.3 Specifying the Public Interface of a Class
- 8.4 Designing the Data Representation
- 8.5 Implementing Instance Methods
- 8.6 Constructors
- 8.7 Testing a Class
- 8.8 Problem Solving: Tracing Objects
- 8.9 Problem Solving: Patterns for Object Data
- 8.10 Object References
- 8.11 Static Variables and Methods
- CHAPTER 9: INHERITANCE AND INTERFACES
- CHAPTER 10: GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACES
- APPENDIX A: THE BASIC LATIN AND LATIN - 1 SUBSETS OF UNICODE
- APPENDIX B: JAVA OPERATOR SUMMARY
- APPENDIX C: JAVA RESERVED WORD SUMMARY
- APPENDIX D: THE JAVA LIBRARY
- ILLUSTRATION CREDITS
- Title: Java For Everyone: Compatible with Java 5, 6, and 7, 2nd Edition
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118063316