This LiveLesson introduces the Java Reflection API and shows
you how to use it effectively to write programs that take advantage
of its powerful features. Bestselling Java author and trainer, Paul
Anderson uses carefully chosen examples to demonstrate how
reflection works without getting bogged down in the complexities
often associated with this API. Each key concept is explained and
illustrated with source code listings that demonstrate how you can
use reflection to solve real problems.
Key topics include discovering classes, interfaces, fields, constructors, methods, and arrays. Other topics discussed include creating objects, creating arrays, and working with fields. This LiveLesson also covers generic parameterized types, annotations, and dependency injection. After completing this LiveLesson, you’ll be able to write more flexible code that takes full advantage of the Java Reflection model.
About the Author:
Paul Anderson is a founding member of the Anderson Software Group, Inc. ( www.asgteach.com) a corporation specializing in software development training courses. As a seminar leader, Paul has taught Java, C++, C#, Perl, UML, and Linux courses to thousands of developers in government laboratories and private industry. Paul has designed many specialized Java courses, with topics such as Java Reflection and Generics, Java Spring, JavaServer Faces, Java Web Services, and Java Persistence.
Paul specializes in making software engineering fun and understandable. He is the co-author of seven textbooks, including Essential JavaFX and Navigating C++ and Object-Oriented Design. He has also conducted hands-on tutorials at JavaOne conferences.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Discovering Classes
- Lesson 2: Discovering Interfaces
- Lesson 3: Discovering Fields
- Lesson 4: Discovering Constructors
- Lesson 5: Discovering Methods
- Lesson 6: Creating Objects
- Lesson 7: Working with Fields
- Lesson 8: Invoking Methods
- Lesson 9: Discovering Arrays
- Lesson 10: Creating Arrays
- Lesson 11: Generic Parameterized Types
- Lesson 12: Annotations
- Lesson 13: Dependency Injection
- Title: Java Reflection
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780133038118