Chapter 2. Groovy knowledge for Spock testing
This chapter covers
- Understanding the connection between Java and Groovy
- Learning Groovy conventions
- Comparing JUnit asserts and Groovy power asserts
- Using Groovy utilities for common testing needs
- Obtaining test data with Groovy
Learning a new programming language is usually a daunting task. You must study a new syntax, new concepts, and new libraries all at once to be productive. If you’ve spent too many years with a single language, several concepts are so entrenched that having to “unlearn” them poses a big barrier to any alternative (even if it’s objectively better). With Groovy, this isn’t the case because Groovy is a cousin language to Java. Much of your current knowledge can be reused and ...