Chapter 6. Output: making things move
This chapter covers
- How motors work and what makes them spin
- The inductive characteristics of motors and how to safely construct motor circuits
- Using diodes, capacitors, and transistors in circuits to control motors and protect components
- How to position things, precisely, with servos
- How to control motors using an H-bridge circuit and motor drivers
- How to build your first basic, roving robot
By now you’re likely tapping your feet impatiently and wondering, “When do we get to make robots?” Well, your ship has come in. It’s time to learn how to make things move.
The motors and servos you’re about to get to know provide the fundamental control of robots’ movements. There’s lots to learn, but by the end ...