Chapter 20. Applets and Java Web Start
Observe due measure, for right timing is in all things the most important factor.
Painting is only a bridge linking the painter’s mind with that of the viewer.
The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life.
In this chapter you’ll learn:
• What applets are and how they’re used in web pages.
• To observe some of Java’s exciting capabilities through the JDK’s demonstration applets.
• To write simple applets.
• To write a simple HyperText Markup Language (HTML) document to load an applet into an applet container and execute the applet.
• Applet life-cycle methods.
• About the sandbox security model for running downloaded code ...