In this chapter you’ll learn:
• To understand Java networking with URLs, sockets and datagrams.
• To implement Java networking applications by using sockets and datagrams.
• To understand how to implement Java clients and servers that communicate with one another.
• To understand how to implement network-based collaborative applications.
• To construct a multithreaded server.
If the presence of electricity can be made visible in any part of a circuit, I see no reason why intelligence may not be transmitted instantaneously by electricity.
—Samuel F. B. Morse
Protocol is everything.
What networks of railroads, highways and canals were in another age, the networks of telecommunications, information ...